Sunday, February 27, 2011

How to Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins

I apologize for such horrible photos. I am getting better! 

There is nothing more satisfying than whipping up a batch of moist good to the last crumb muffins. I feel like I have been a bad lover to my little blog, and by adding this post maybe I will feel better by not posting anything in the last three weeks. Bad blog mommy. Shame on me, so here it is another wonderful Donna Hay inspired  recipe.

2 cups plain (all purpose)flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
someones got sticky fingers!!
3/4 cup cups caster(superfine) sugar you can make your own by blitzing in your food processor for a few seconds
1 cup of sour cream( I used fil which is curdled milk which is strained and looks like plain white thinned out yogurt) widely available in Sweden, but you could use buttermilk  which would be it's cousin. 
2 eggs
1/3 cup of vegetable oil (I used corn oil)
1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries 
3/4 cups of chopped white chocolate



Step one:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C 350 degrees F
Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and stir to combine


Step Two:
Place the sour cream, eggs, oil in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir the sour cream mixture through the flour and sugar mixture UNTIL JUST COMBINED.


Step Three:
I always over fill my muffins as it is more fun to add more stress when trying to remove them!!
Sprinkle over the raspberries and white chocolate stirring just a couple of times GENTLY!! You do not want hard dense and pink muffins here.
Line your muffin tins with paper liners and spoon into the liners until it reaches two-thirds full. Do not over fill you need room for them to rise. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick or skewer comes out clean when tested. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then gently remove and cool on a cooling rack. Makes 12 lovely gorgeous muffins. Cover and store for a few days if they last that long!!   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment