Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies

Got Milk?
I have a theory. When bored do bake. It is amazing what you can come up with in the late hours of a friday night. I am trying to add as many posts as I can for all my readers, and perhaps I have been a little heavy on the chocolate posts, but really. Who can ever have enough chocolate? I am grateful to my kind friends and neighbors who let me supply them with all my baking goodies. It is so comforting to have the opportunity to be able to share my passion of baking with all of you. I am a newbie at this blogging thing, so please bare with me and I hope that I can continue to inspire other's and to learn. 

How to Chocolate Chip Cookie:
oh my goodness!













2 cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3/4 cups unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar ( I used light muscovado brown sugar)
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips or 300 g of a good baking chocolate chopped.



  1. Preheat your oven 180 degrees C or 360 degrees F
  2. Line your baking trays with parchment paper
  3. Sift together, flour, salt,baking soda; set aside
  4. Melt butter 
  5. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well mixed
  6. Mix in the vanilla
  7. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, until light and creamy
  8. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended
  9. Stir in the chocolate chips. I usually use a wooden spoon or my hands, but try not to over work the dough. Just enough to fully incorporate. 
  10. Drop cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. I used 1/8 cup which  gave me large cookies. 

makes about 25 cookies or 15 very large ones
Cookies should be 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until done to your likeness. I like mine a little under cooked, so I took them out at 15 minutes, but if you like a crunchy cookie bake for 18 minutes.The edges should be lightly golden, but not overly dark. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let them completely cool before storing in an air tight container. They freeze well....If they last that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment